The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a significant loss of human life around the world, and it poses an unparalleled threat to public health and the economy. The pandemic has caused an enormous threat to human life in terms of health, economy, and way of life. The second wave of the pandemic turned to be more lethal and ignorance of preventive measures by the public may intensify the second wave more disastrous. The only way to effectively combat this second wave is by taking all the precautionary steps to reduce transmission.
To minimize the risk of spread, take the following steps:
• Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
• Keep a distance of 6 feet between you and others.
• When the COVID-19 vaccine becomes available, get it.
• Avoid crowds and indoor environments that aren’t well ventilated.
• Hands should be washed often with soap and water. If soap or water isn’t available, use a hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your face with your hands, as infectious germs can enter through your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Maintain good hygiene
Your immune system is your body’s first line of protection. Nothing is more powerful than your normal immune system in eradicating the virus’s seed. Physical exercise also aids in the battle against many diseases such as the corona virus by strengthening the immune system of the body, either directly or indirectly strengthens the body’s immune system and antiviral defences. The only thing you can do to keep your immune system strong and stable is to follow general health recommendations such as
• Do not smoke.
• Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
• If you think that your diet isn’t providing you with all of the nutrients you need, take a multivitamin.
• Antioxidants and fibres should be used in your diet.
• Maintain a balanced body mass index (BMI).
• Maintain a healthy stress level.
• Maintain a healthy blood pressure level.
• Make sure you get enough sleep.
• To make your lungs more effective, incorporate pranayamas, or breathing techniques, into your daily routine.
• Practise Aerobic behaviours such as running or swimming, as well as high-intensity exercise and weight lifting.
Even though the second wave is much more intense than the first, the presence of vaccine presently makes the difference. People who have tested positive despite having been vaccinated in the past address doubts about vaccines and whether they are effective against new SARS-CoV-2 strains. Covid infection after vaccination could be caused by a lack of immunity, old age, or the individual’s exposure to the virus before receiving the second dose of the Covid vaccine.
A vaccination lowers a person’s risk of contracting a disease by boosting his or her natural immune system. As a result, when an individual is vaccinated, the immune system develops antibodies to combat the disease while still remembering it. As a result, if a vaccinated person is exposed to the same germ in the future, his or her immune system will rapidly kill the germ, in this case, SARS-CoV-2, ensuring that he or she does not become sick. Recently, the government has paved the way for people belonging to above 18 years to take vaccinations from the 1st of May.
The wealth of a nation is a panacea for all ills, but the Indian economy is currently in a decline. It is important to understand the effect of Covid 19 and the government’s decision to go on lockdown since the last week of March 2020 has resulted in a 23.9 per cent drop in GDP. Our country cannot afford another full-pledged lockdown in this situation. So for the betterment of ourselves and our nation one should maintain government’s guidelines as well as strong immunity.
The second wave has transformed into a disastrous tsunami and would need the continuity of social distancing, masking, and adherence to all of the previously described preventive steps. Individuals should adopt social distancing and cleanliness procedures, according to government advice. Besides, exercise should be properly applied, keeping the advice in mind. Reduced physical activity and exercise can increase the likelihood of disease vulnerability.
THE VIRUS BENDS FOREVER IF WE ALL STAND TOGETHER.