The antioxidant in beetroot Betacyanin, helps to reduce cholesterol levels and protect the heart too. It is also fiber rich which helps to maintain a healthy gut.
- Beetroot – 2, medium sized
- Low – fat milk – ¾ cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 tbsp
- Low – fat butter – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- In a pressure cook, add water and diced beetroot. Pressure cook for 5 whistles. When the pressure settles, drain out the excess water and keep aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixer jar, add the pressure cooked beetroot and 1 cup water. Blend into a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- In a deep non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp low-fat butter. Add 1 tbsp whole wheat flour and stir continuously on a medium flame for 1 min.
- Add ¾ cup low-fat milk and whisk on a medium flame for 1 min. Stir continuously till no lumps are left.
- Add the beetroot mixture, ½ tsp garlic paste, salt, black pepper powder and 1 cup of water. Stir occasionally and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 mins.
- Serve hot.