Protein and fibre rich Indian style chicken soup. Boiled and shredded chicken is cooked along with fresh vegetables and simmered in chicken stock.
- Boneless Chicken – 300 gm
- Onion – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Cabbage – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Capsicum – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Carrot – 2 tbsp, chopped
- French Beans – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Ginger – Garlic – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 500 ml
- Spring onion – to garnish
- In a deep pan, add 500 ml water, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add the boneless chicken pieces. Cover and cook the chicken for 8-10 mins.
- Strain the chicken stock and set aside. Shred the boiled chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai. Add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute on a low flame for 30-40 sec.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot, capsicum, cabbage and french beans. Saute on medium to high flame for 2-3 mins.
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the chicken stock and mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt and 2 tsp black pepper powder. Mix well, cover and simmer for 7-8 mins.
- Add the shredded chicken. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.