A high protein and high fiber legume, lobia keeps hunger pangs at bay by promoting satiety. They are also a good source of several important micronutrients, including folate, copper, thiamine, and iron.
- Black Eyed Beans / Lobia – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Dried red chillies – 3
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Asafoetida powder – ⅛ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak ½ cup black eyed beans overnight.
- Pressure cook the beans for 3-4 whistles. Drain and keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp of oil. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the broken dried red chillies, curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida powder. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked beans and salt. Saute well for a couple of mins.
- Serve as a snack.