Crisp and crunchy healthy snack spiced up with Indian spices. Makhana is rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, phosphorus, iron, thiamine and zinc.
They are light and nutritious
- Makhana / Fox Nuts – 3 cups
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1 tsp
- Rock salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add the makhana and roast for 10-12 mins on a low flame till they become crisp and crunchy.
- Add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder and rock salt. Stir the whole mixture well.
- Add 1 tsp chaat masala powder and mix well.
- Serve roasted makhana straightaway.