Oats idlis are a shortcut way to make the steamed cake. This innovative version is more wholesome and filling. Being low in cholesterol these are heart friendly.
- 1 cup quick – cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp ginger – green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- ½ tsp oil for greasing
- In a mixer jar, add the oats and urad dal. Blend into a smooth powder.
- Add 1 cup water, curd, ginger – green chilli paste and salt. Mix well to prepare a batter with pouring consistency.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Stir the batter well. Add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil. Pour a spoonful of batter into each mould.
- Steam them in an idli steamer for 10-12 mins.
- Serve hot.