Easy to prepare wholesome wheat flat bread stuffed with spicy minced meat filling. A nutritious dinner recipe
- Minced Chicken Meat – ½ kg
- Tomato – ½ cup, chopped
- Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – a handful, chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3 cups
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add chopped onions and saute well for 2-3 mins.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute well for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well for 3-4 mins until they turn mushy.
- Add the minced chicken meat and season with salt. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chilli powder. Stir well for 6-8 mins until browned.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Stir well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 cups of wheat flour, salt and oil.
- Add water little by little and knead into a soft dough.
- Smear a little oil on top. Cover and set aside for 15 mins.
- Make the dough into round shaped balls and set aside.
- Divide the stuffing into round shaped balls and set aside.
- Roll the dough ball with a rolling pin into a thick circle. Place the stuffing in the center, fold and seal the edges.
- Dip in flour and roll out evenly.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat. Place the paratha and smear it with ghee and roast. Flip and roast the other side.
- Serve warm.