Daliya Khichdi is a healthy Indian porridge made with broken wheat or cracked wheat. Veggies add to its nutritive value and provide satiety
- 1 cup dalia
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped potatoes
- ¼ cup fresh green peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Salt as required
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add 1 tsp jeera and let it splutter.
- Add 1 chopped onion and saute well on medium flame.
- Add finely chopped ginger and green chillies. Saute well till the aroma of ginger goes away.
- Add 1 finely chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add ½ cup chopped potatoes, ½ cup chopped carrots and ½ cup fresh green peas. Saute well for 2 mins.
- Add the soaked dalia and stir well for 3-4 mins.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt as required. Stir well. Pressure cook on medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.