A South Indian based dish that can be served as a light evening snack. Sweet corn is stir fried along with grated coconut and then seasoned. The aromatic spices of asafoetida, mustard seeds and red chillies give the recipe an authentic South Indian taste
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Fresh Coconut – 2 tbsp, grated
- Dried Red Chillies – 2
- Green Chilli – 1, chopped
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- In a saucepan, add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Now add 1 cup of sweet corn to the boiling water. Cover and cook. Once it is cooked, drain the water and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let it splutter
- Add the finely chopped green chillies, red chillies, asafoetida powder and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the boiled corn, salt and 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut. Stir fry for a min.
- Serve as an evening snack.