A healthy diabetic friendly flatbread with the goodness of bitter gourd. Bitter gourd is beneficial in managing blood sugar levels. The whole wheat flour and bajra flour ensure a dose of fiber.
- ½ cup finely chopped bitter gourd
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup bajra flour
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour for rolling
- 2.5 tsp oil
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients.
- Combine them and knead into a semi – stiff dough adding enough water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll into a circle dusting with a little flour.
- Roast the thepla with ¼ tsp oil. Cook till both the sides turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.