Kabuli Chana Poha – is a protein rich dish for people of all ages. Iron rich poha and protein – rich kabuli chana makes it an ideal breakfast.
- 2 cups poha
- ½ cup soaked and boiled kabuli chana
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup finely chopped tomato
- ½ tsp green chilli paste
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Soak the poha and drain the water completely. Set aside
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the onions and saute on low flame for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric powder, tomatoes and kabuli chana. Mix well and cook on a low flame for 2 mins.
- Add green chilli paste, red chilli powder, salt and 2 tbsp water. Cook on a medium flame for 1 min.
- Add the soaked poha, sugar, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Serve hot.